HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
If you don’t have time to register right now (but it only takes two minutes!), be sure to register before October 5th so that you can participate in the General Election on November 8th!
1. FIND OUT IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE IN ARIZONA
In order to qualify for voter registration in Arizona, you must be all of the following:
- A U.S. citizen
- A resident of the Arizona county listed on your registration
- 18 years old on or before the date of the next general election (Nov 8, 2020) ● Not declared "incompetent" by a court
- Not currently disqualified from voting due to felony convictions (If you have been convicted, find out if your voting rights may be restored automatically or if you must apply to have them restored).
2. FIND YOUR REGISTRATION DEADLINE
In the state of Arizona, you must register before election day. Since you are not allowed to register at your polling place on the day of the election, it is crucial to know the registration deadlines for upcoming elections. The deadline for registration is the same no matter if you register by mail, online, or in-person.
If you are eligible to vote in Arizona, you must register by:
- October 11, 2022 - for the General Elections on November 8
3. CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ALREADY REGISTERED
If you think you are already registered but are not sure, you can check your status.
** If your name, political party affiliation, or residential address changes (even if it is still in Arizona) you will need to re-register to vote! Re-registering will allow you to update your existing registration with any new information.
4. REGISTER ONLINE, BY MAIL, OR IN PERSON
It takes two minutes to register to vote online.
To register by mail, you can print off this form and mail it to your County Recorder’s office. You may request that your County Recorder’s office mail a registration form to your home address. Find contact information for County Recorders by county.
To register in person, visit your County Recorder’s Office and complete the registration form. Find your nearest office.
Your County Recorder will mail you a voter registration card 4-6 weeks after registering. It’s important to verify that the information on your card is correct. Please contact your County Recorder with any questions, or to request a replacement registration card. Your registration card may be used as a form of ID at the polls.
5. FIND YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE
Now that you’ve registered, you can stay informed about upcoming election dates by visiting the AZ Secretary of State website. Remember, Arizona’s next elections are:
- November 8, 2022 - General Election (early voting begins October 12)